Despite huge changes and advances in internet technology, the first thing people still do when looking for information is pull up Google and type in what they are looking for. Search engines are the most accessible gateway into the mountains of information on the internet, and keywords are – as the name aptly suggests – the key.
By using the right keywords, your content gets bumped to the top of the rankings. Those that say keywords don’t matter anymore are mistaken. Keywords remain crucial to internet marketing success. Which is why keyword research remains a priority.
- Keyword research is the vital step to improving ranking. Keyword research shows you how to plan a site that is optimised for search engines. Performing keyword research, creating content around the keywords, and optimising content around a primary keyword is the ideal process for effective SEO.
- Research shows you which long- and short-tail keywords your sites can get the highest rankings for. When you know this, you can figure out what words to use on your pages that will help people more effectively find your site – and push you up the rankings.
- Keyword research leads to more traffic and more qualified leads.
- Keyword research leads to organic traffic, which is vital to improving your ranking, delivering content to the people who really want it, and minimising your spend on paid advertising.
- The quality of keyword research is crucial. Bad keyword research means that people don’t find you. Or, bad keyword research means you get the wrong traffic which leads to unqualified leads and a high bounce rate – your site is penalised when the bounce rate is high. And you waste all that time you spent writing content or putting together online offers because no one is seeing it, as the site sits right down the bottom of the rankings list.
It pays to get your keyword research done right. It’s not just about getting more visitors to your site, but the right visitors – the visitors that will engage with you, spend money on your products and services, and share your content with others.